Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by Cheeky-Pixie:
quote:
Originally posted by Cagney:
I'll reply properly later but for now I'll say I think my mother and others like her had a fantastic attitude to work and kids.

I think your analysing my post waaaay too much. You're seeing problems where there are none...not in my post anyway. IMO Wink
Just repsonding and replying to what you posted Cagney.

Well I've replied. It's pissed me off that you've presumed so much from a few sentences I posted. It would have been simpler to ask rather than presume
Cagney
quote:
Originally posted by fracas:
quote:
it is easy to pick certain quotes from peoples posts and make what you will, CP has said she knows some do that is not her point.

I'm posting on the hop, only got 10 minutes. Forgive me. Sheesh.
don't take it personal but if you take some of what is being said it is easy to be misconstrued didn't mean anything by it fracas Smiler
LGS
quote:
Well yes I am sure some people DID work all the hours God sends, but not everyone has the opportunity to do that these days, and it's very unfair for people to be looked down on, or thought of as freeloaders because they have to claim benefits

I know for a fact that some people do see staying on benefits as a 'choice'.

quote:
It was a different world then Fracas.

Thankfully.

quote:
MY dad never claimed benefits in 50 years, but he never rubbed my nose in it when *I* had to claim, or when my hubby was on benefits for 4 months 5 years ago.

You know I am not on about someone claiming for 4 months. I thought we were talking about people who see benefits as a choice instead of a necessary evil between jobs.

Anyway, when people are on benefits it's an ideal time to go to college (free) to do some training for a decent job when the kids are at school.

Gotta dash, back later.

And I'm still very proud of the old fella so meh Big Grin
fracas
No, no need for your work history and how you treat your children thanks Cagney. I was just responding to how I read into your post. I apologise if I mis-read or mis-understood what you were saying. I was just responding to how I read into it. I know you didn't say you look down on people.... And I have apologised already on page 8 for making out you were implying this.... Looks like you must have missed that post.

And I PM'd you about 10 minutes ago, also apologising for that long ranty post. You must have missed that also. Check your PMs. Smiler
CheekyPixie
quote:
Originally posted by fracas:You know I am not on about someone claiming for 4 months. I thought we were talking about people who see benefits as a choice instead of a necessary evil between jobs.

Anyway, when people are on benefits it's an ideal time to go to college (free) to do some training for a decent job when the kids are at school.

Gotta dash, back later.

Bye Fracas Valentine No offence. It's just a debate and peoples' different views. Smiler Sometimes people get offended and sometimes people rant and say things and assume things based on what they read, but at the end of the day, I don't think anyone means to upset anyone. Smiler
CheekyPixie
quote:
No, no need for your work history and how you treat your children thanks Cagney. I was just responding to how I read into your post. I apologise if I mis-read or mis-understood what you were saying. I was just responding to how I read into it. I know you didn't say you look down on people.... And I have apologised already on page 8 for making out you were implying this.... Looks like you must have missed that post.

And I PM'd you about 10 minutes ago, also apologising for that long ranty post. You must have missed that also. Check your PMs. Smiler

No problem CP. Hug

I started my long ranty reply then the phone rang. Big Grin
Cagney
quote:
quote:

No problem CP. Hug

Awwww, thanks Cagney. I'm sorry if I upset you. I just ranted and babbled and ranted and babbled a bit more and took umbrage to a couple of things which you were within your rights to say, and I didn't word it very well; it came across badly. Sorry if I offended you and I know you certainly didn't mean any offence whatsoever. Hug
CheekyPixie
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fracas:You know I am not on about someone claiming for 4 months. I thought we were talking about people who see benefits as a choice instead of a necessary evil between jobs.

Gotta dash, back later.

Bye Fracas Valentine No offence. It's just a debate and peoples' different views. Smiler Sometimes people get offended and sometimes people rant and say things and assume things based on what they read, but at the end of the day, I don't think anyone means to upset anyone. Smiler

Don't worry about frac CP, she's 'ard as nails that one! Nod Laugh
skive
quote:
quote:
quote:

No problem CP. Hug

Awwww, thanks Cagney. I'm sorry if I upset you. I just ranted and babbled and ranted and babbled a bit more and took umbrage to a couple of things which you were within your rights to say, and I didn't word it very well; it came across badly. Sorry if I offended you and I know you certainly didn't mean any offence whatsoever. Hug

You didn't offend me. It pissed me off but then again I get pissed off about 20,000 times a day. Big Grin

Everyone is entitled to a rant. We had words. It's done now. I didn't mean to upset anyone or offend them either Hug

(no need for naked mud wrestling)
Cagney
quote:
Originally posted by Cagney:You didn't offend me. It pissed me off but then again I get pissed off about 20,000 times a day. Big Grin

Everyone is entitled to a rant. We had words. It's done now. I didn't mean to upset anyone or offend them either Hug

(no need for naked mud wrestling)
Thanks Cagney. Gotta fly now, thanks for not telling me to f**k ff! Laugh

to everyone on this thread... Catch ya soon folks.
CheekyPixie
quote:
Originally posted by love greek sunsets:
quote:
Originally posted by jujubedoo:
I too enjoyed reading this thread, very well balanced debate, i think a few of you would should be running the country then maybe where we live would be equally as well balanced Thumbs Up
and good to see it ends all well too, a good debate Thumbs Up

I was thinking that greekie, makes a nice change for things to be discussed without it getting personal or ending in the troll tank Hug
jujubedoo
quote:
quote:
I too enjoyed reading this thread, very well balanced debate, i think a few of you would should be running the country then maybe where we live would be equally as well balanced Thumbs Up

ooh we do love a mass debate round here!
Croctacus
quote:
Originally posted by FGG Aka Crocodile Rock:
quote:
quote:

oooh i say Eeker Big Grin
jujubedoo
quote:
quote:
quote:

Laugh Laugh
LGS
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel J*:
So, is it okay to plan to have kids without the means to support them on the basis that the state (tax-payers in other words) will pay out-of-work benefits?

Are people entitled to do that?

It was I who mentioned entitlement so I’ll be a bit more explicit. CHILDREN have an entitlement to decent parenting, and I think that involves a parent being part of their lives as regularly as possible - particularly with young kids who require nurture. There are so many kids living in poverty in this country, 1 in 4 according to some estimates – those figures just DON’T tie in with the ‘easy life on benefits’ assertion.
It seems there’s a cycle to unemployment and poverty, I don’t have the definitive answer but perhaps encouraging good parenting and ‘training’ (for want of a better word) in that area is preferable to forcing Mothers of young kids into poorly paid, dead end jobs (and I’m sorry to those who may take exception, but truth out - working in a fast food restaurant IS a dead end job).
BBea
quote:
I love debating on here. I'm not allowed to at home. OH won't get into anything serious with me and my brother and me end up nearly killing each other Big Grin

That is my OH too, drives me mad especially when i've had a couple of vino's and get a bee in my bonnet, usually me and my mum have heated discussions and nearly throttle each other, its because we are so alike but not in our opinions on certain subjects, we always end up laughing though.......after a while...... and more wine Big Grin
jujubedoo
quote:

I'm back home now and have more time to reply and explain why I jumped in.

It's an emotive subject, this one, and I think you do make some good points, whilst acknowledging that sometimes the system is misused. Nuff respect for that. It was just the wording of the post to Cags,
quote:
The 'my dad worked 18 hours a day down t'pit,' and 'mutha worked 7 jobs, 19 hours a day and never claimed a penny in beneifts,' is all well and good
I thought that was a bit unfair, and obviously with my family history it's an emotional thing for me. Just touched a nerve and I saw red a bit. Sorry. My issues.

Like I said, it's emotive, but fair play to you, I still think you have some good points and it's not worth falling out over Valentine

I'm gonna shut up now cos I'm filling up. Gah! Crying
fracas
quote:
quote:

I'D LOVE TO RUN THE COUNTRY Eeker

Well I'd have my minions do it. I'd just sit back and give out orders and stuff Big Grin
delegating a word and action I like Laugh
LGS
quote:
quote:

Well I'd have my minions do it. I'd just sit back and give out orders and stuff Big Grin

Gawd I can see it now....

Got a mullett?

Thats 18 months inside matey!!
Croctacus
quote:
quote:
quote:

Got a mullett?

As a hairdresser I would have to impose life for such a crime unless sported on the head of an incredibly sexy rock God. Thumbs Up
Cagney
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Got a mullett?

As a hairdresser I would have to impose life for such a crime unless sported on the head of an incredibly sexy rock God. Thumbs Up

Who would not be sexy by definition of his hairdo!!
Croctacus

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.