Skip to main content

imo like all dogs you can get soft pitbulls & aggressive ones.

however.. there seems to be something that can trigger that response in them... though how much of that is down to the fact that they were being owned & bred by a certain type of person who used them as a status symbol... & therefore encouraged the dog to "be hard as!".

there is a bloke round here that breeds rotties...  he really shouldn't!  he likes to brag about how he feeds them on pure beef... and how tough they are!  he has two young kids as well... and one of the first litter has just impregnated his mother... who is only about 2 yrs old!

panic edit - not HIS mother... the dogs mother... as in .. another dog!
Dirtyprettygirlthing
My mate is one of the acknowledged experts on Pitbulls in this country. She has spent the last nigh on 20 years fighting the DDA. She had a pit who had been rescued from a dog fighter - I never knew a more intelligent dog, brilliantly loving with kids but you couldn't let her near cats as they had blooded her with them
She was a serious handful though - very dominant.
FM
Chicken - It would depend on where you sourced your pit bull from.

Some people breed the PB for show - then there is another element that breed then for fighting.

Any of the Pit Bulls that I have judged throughout the world have been lovely dogs in both mind and body.

If a wrong element get hold of any breed, they can turn it into a weapon on the end of a lead.
ANNOCA
pitbulls are lovely natured dogs but they have to have the right owner (not some idiot who wants a mean dog). I had a Pitbull x Rhodeshian Ridgeback & he was the softest thing I've ever had. Looked mean, sounded mean but didn't know what mean was. We used to take him (Sweep) blackberry picking & he'd eat them before we could pick them.

Now I have a JRT (first small dog ever) & a JRT x bull terrier. The Jack is snappy & is not tolerant of the kids (but neither am I). And the Bully x JRT is brilliant with the kids & friends etc but I wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley.
Abo
Reference:
Corgis are low to the ground - but they certainly pack a punch. They are cattle herding dogs and in order to get the cattle to wherever they were supposed to be, they snapped continuously at their heels.

that's what these barstewards I mean lovely cattle dogs do. Definitley not very child friendly

My nan had a corgi when I was little. She also had a doberman. Me & the doberman used to hide under the kitchen table from the corgi (vicious little turd)
Abo

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.