Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I was 8, we all sat down to watch it on TV at my friend's birthday party. I was wearing my first pair of 'stocking tights' (American Tan) and had bought her the same for a birthday present. I got a ladder from top to bottom in mine and cried, so my friend's mum gave me the pr I'd got for the present..then she sewed the ladder up and my friend wore them for months afterwards! Laugh
FM
quote:
Originally posted by Supercalifragilistic:
I was 8, we all sat down to watch it on TV at my friend's birthday party. I was wearing my first pair of 'stocking tights' (American Tan) and had bought her the same for a birthday present. I got a ladder from top to bottom in mine and cried, so my friend's mum gave me the pr I'd got for the present..then she sewed the ladder up and my friend wore them for months afterwards! Laugh

Laugh Hug Laugh
Blizz'ard
I watched every available minute - I used to make a flask of coffee and sandwiches - get in the armchair and watch all night if it was on. I especially remember watching round the clock when Apollo 13 was in danger. It was brilliant I was obsessed.
R
I was 16 and remember how anxious I was when the astronauts were due to lift off from the surface of the moon, as if it hadn't worked they would have been stranded there and their oxygen would have run out. Eeker
After the take off we had the anxiety of the astronauts re-entry into the earth's atmosphere and the possibility of them burning up if the heat shields didn't work. Eeker
Then when the astronauts landed they had to go into quarantine in case they brought back micro-organisms that could wipe out mankind. Eeker
Apart from that, it was a very jolly few days. Big Grin
Blackpudlian

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.