Skip to main content

11TH August 2006

Well that was a controversial twist – the housemates return. Front page tabloid headlines, heated discussions on BBC Radio call ins (Victoria Derbyshire show, I recall), and Ofcom being swamped with complaints.

Richard re-united with Lea in the HND, Glyn climbing on the roof to locate the ex-housemates and Grace allowed back into the house to celebrate her 21st birthday (btw Happy birthday Grace - 24 today).

BB was buzzing, the media were loving it, and viewers had loads to complain about – good times! Sadly, the final week was really dull in my opinion and Pete was one of the most predictable winners ever.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by kimota:
It was a crap twist that BB were rightly punished by the watchdog for. Why should people spend their money evicting people when they are just brought back? This marked the point where many voters decided that they would never vote again!

Everyone that votes on an eviction spends money; not everyone gets the result that they want. For instance, in a multi-way eviction, the successful voters can be in an overall minority group.
Cold Sweat
quote:
Originally posted by Cold Sweat:
quote:
It was a crap twist that BB were rightly punished by the watchdog for. Why should people spend their money evicting people when they are just brought back? This marked the point where many voters decided that they would never vote again!

Everyone that votes on an eviction spends money; not everyone gets the result that they want. For instance, in a multi-way eviction, the successful voters can be in an overall minority group.

Yes but up untill BB7, Voters trusted that once evicted ,an hm would stay evicted, barring the occasional visit as in the case of John Tickle.
BB7 broke this unspoken agreement and was rightly reprimanded for it. They also lost many of their core voters which must have hit their pocket!
kimota
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cold Sweat:
quote:

Yes but up untill BB7, Voters trusted that once evicted ,an hm would stay evicted, barring the occasional visit as in the case of John Tickle.
BB7 broke this unspoken agreement and was rightly reprimanded for it. They also lost many of their core voters which must have hit their pocket!

But at least the winning voters get a return on the night, for several weeks, and in almost all cases indefinitely.

I’m in a tiny minority (I assume) that enjoyed that twist!
Cold Sweat

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.