Skip to main content

I have been to town (on a bus) and went shopping in the supermarket (Tesco's.)
As a result I have 2 niggles.
1.  People on a bus who sit on the outside seat near the gangway leaving the inner seat near the window either empty or with a bag on it.
They stubbornly and rudely remain like this until there is only one seat left. Sometimes they actually need to be asked to allow access to the empty seat.
Damned rude!
2.  Supermarket baskets.  When people have emptied their baskets on the conveyor belt, and they chuck their basked down on top of other baskets - but they leave the handles turned inwards, so that the next basket cannot be properly stacked. Is it really too much trouble to ensure that the handles are opened outwards to allow stacking?

Oh! Just thought of another.  How many times is reasonable to be asked to give a donation to Children in Need?

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Reference:
But it proved how very easy it can be to abduct a child
A few years ago I was in the Regents shopping Arcade in Cheltenham. I saw a young boy 5 or 6 by himself just standing there. I wandered past him, but was a bit concerned as there was no sign of any adults with him. I didn't approach him as that would have been a big mistake, but I walked further down so that it didn't look to others as if I was stalking him. After a few minutes, he was still by himself. I had to do something, so I returned and went into a card shop close by with the door wide open. I had a word with the female assistant about the boy and explained that it would be stupid for me to go to the boy by myself. She could see the boy herself and agreed with me. So in the end we both went together to the boy and she asked him if he was with anyone. He then pointed to this woman in a perfume shop who had her back turned away and was deep in conversation with an assistant, totally oblivious of the boy.

It staggers me that any mother (I assume it was the mother) could be so thoughtless nowadays.
El Loro
Reference:
1.  People on a bus who sit on the outside seat near the gangway leaving the inner seat near the window either empty or with a bag on it. They stubbornly and rudely remain like this until there is only one seat left. Sometimes they actually need to be asked to allow access to the empty seat.
Oh I couldn't agree more on that one Brisket I don't drive, so spent all my working life using public transport, and that was one of my pet grrrrrrrrrrrs I have even seen them do that when people are actually standing up!!
Baz

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.