quote:
Originally posted by Demantoid:
quote:
Originally posted by mary_bee:
That handlebars one is the most stupid one Disappointed

The scissors for the webbed toe one is fab Laugh

My stepdad has toes like that on both feet! Laugh

Get him to get a tattoo like that! Laugh

I wish I could - he has no tatts at all though, so I doubt he'd be convinced!
Demantoid
All tattoos are idiotic. They're a fashion or a trend, a means of expressing yourself. But they're for life, unlike your hairstyle, which you can grow or cut or colour as you change your style. I can imagine nothing more ridiculous than the handsome David Beckham, aged 80, with all his wrinkly, faded tatoos, which he WILL regret one day.
jennywren
quote:
I don't get this assertion that everyone who has a tattoo will regret it eventually.
Not all of us will. I had my tiny butterfly tattooed on my shoulder in 1988 and I still love it. And when I'm 80, I'll still love it. It'll remind me of a happy, eventful summer in my youth. Cool

One tiny butterfly is nothing compared to that mess Lisa has all over her arms.
jennywren
quote:
Originally posted by jennywren:
quote:
I don't get this assertion that everyone who has a tattoo will regret it eventually.
Not all of us will. I had my tiny butterfly tattooed on my shoulder in 1988 and I still love it. And when I'm 80, I'll still love it. It'll remind me of a happy, eventful summer in my youth. Cool

One tiny butterfly is nothing compared to that mess Lisa has all over her arms.

Well, true! Laugh
And is that a rat she'd got on her leg? Somehow though, I can't see her turning into a little old lady in twinset and pearls, regretting the huge black beast on her arm Big Grin
Demantoid
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jenstar:
Not keen on tatts, i had piercings instead. Glad i did as i have removed them all since

I have a pierced bellybutton and several in my ears (including tragus), and I've never regretted them.
I had at one point, belly button, eyebrow, nose and the top of my ear. aswell as 2 sets at the bottoms of my ears. now i only have one set in my ears.

Took eyebrow out and made a gift box with the ring in it for my mom cos she hated it Smiler belly button out when i was pregnant and the others just closed up cos i lost the studs etc.
Jen-Star
quote:
quote:
quote:
Not keen on tatts, i had piercings instead. Glad i did as i have removed them all since

I have a pierced bellybutton and several in my ears (including tragus), and I've never regretted them.
I had at one point, belly button, eyebrow, nose and the top of my ear. aswell as 2 sets at the bottoms of my ears. now i only have one set in my ears.

Took eyebrow out and made a gift box with the ring in it for my mom cos she hated it Smiler belly button out when i was pregnant and the others just closed up cos i lost the studs etc.

I've had one in the top of my ear since I was 18 and feel nude without it. I stopped wearing a lot of the other ones in my ears for a long while, but now I've got tiny jewelled labrets back in them. Nod
The tragus is the most recent one, and I really love it.
Demantoid
quote:

exactly. It annoys me so much when people trot out the old "it will look stupid when youre old and wrinkly" line!

I love my tat which I have had for 9 years and it will remind me of that happy time and anyway I dont think the base of your back gets wrinkly anyhoo.. Smiler
fookat

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.